WHO says Congo Ebola outbreak can still be brought under control within three months
WHO said the outbreak could still be reversed if resources are secured, even as Congo reports 4,945 confirmed cases and 2,325 deaths.
- WHO incident manager Thierno Balde said Congo's Ebola outbreak can be controlled within three months if necessary resources are provided, offering a timeline for containing the crisis.
- Declared a global emergency on May 17, this 17th Ebola outbreak has killed 2,325 people, surpassing the 2,299 deaths from Congo's 2018–2020 crisis to become the deadliest in the country's history.
- Official data shows 4,945 confirmed cases, including 101 new cases detected in the past 24 hours, as the virus has expanded to a sixth province.
- Containment efforts are ramping up with an extra 400 beds added in the past two weeks, though the WHO has raised only about 60% of the $115 million requested.
- The WHO Emergency Committee meets today to review the outbreak response and determine whether adjustments are needed following the virus's recent geographic spread.
19 Articles
19 Articles
An authority of the World Health Organization (WHO) said on Tuesday that it is still possible to control the Ebola outbreak that is advancing faster than efforts to contain it in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC, ex-Zaire). Read also: Expense and employee cuts affect essential services in the US Women's participation in the Afghan labour market falls to 5% under the Taliban, says UN-US impose sanctions on the President of the Internatio…
WHO Says Congo Ebola Outbreak Can Be Contained Within 3 Months
The World Health Organization (WHO) said on Tuesday it was still possible to bring the second-deadliest Ebola outbreak in Congo under control, amid fears it is outpacing containment efforts. The global health agency said earlier in August that reversing the spread of the virus would be possible within three months, although since then it has expanded to a sixth province in the central African country, The outbreak, Congo’s 17th and worst yet, ha…
The WHO's emergency committee is expected to meet on Tuesday to discuss the current Ebola outbreak in the DR Congo.
The WHO's emergency committee is expected to meet on Tuesday to discuss the current Ebola outbreak in DR Congo.
The WHO's emergency committee is expected to meet on Tuesday to discuss the current Ebola outbreak in DR Congo.
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 43% of the sources are Center
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium





















