Man charged with bomb threat against US Consulate in Halifax after 2 Toronto consulate shootings
Police said the vehicle contained a propane tank and containers believed to hold flammable liquid, prompting evacuations before they ruled out a public safety risk.
- Halifax Regional Police charged 54-year-old Ali Assakereh with uttering threats and public mischief following a bomb threat against the U.S. consulate in Halifax on Sunday.
- Officers located Assakereh's vehicle in the Purdy's Wharf parkade on Monday at 8:10 a.m., discovering a propane tank and flammable liquid containers that prompted downtown evacuations.
- Police arrested the suspect on Thomas Raddall Drive in Clayton Park at about 8:35 a.m. Monday; authorities confirmed by 2 p.m. the vehicle posed no public risk.
- Assakereh appeared in Halifax bail court Tuesday via video link with an Arabic interpreter to face the charges of uttering threats and public mischief.
- The police investigation remains active while a U.S. consulate spokesperson declined to comment on security matters, maintaining standard diplomatic protocol.
17 Articles
17 Articles
Bail hearing for Halifax man charged in U.S. consulate bomb threat case delayed again
HALIFAX - A bail hearing for a man accused of making a bomb threat against the U.S. Consulate in Halifax was adjourned for a second consecutive day on Wednesday.
Fulton man arrested last week had bomb-making materials, Sheriff says
On August 4, 2026, Agents with the North Mississippi Narcotics Unit, along with Deputies from the Itawamba County Sheriff’s Department, responded to John Rankin Highway in Fulton, Mississippi, to serve a felony capias warrant on Brian Lee Harmon for Possession…
Man charged with bomb threat against US Consulate in Canada
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 54% of the sources are Center
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium



















