CBS Sports President Says There's No Timeline for a Decision on Tony Romo's Future
CBS says Tony Romo will remain on leave after his July arrest, with J.J. Watt stepping in for the network's top NFL booth.
- On Tuesday, CBS Sports president David Berson announced there is no timetable for NFL analyst Tony Romo's return to the broadcast booth following his July 23 arrest for operating a vehicle while intoxicated in Wisconsin.
- Romo was arrested last month in Wisconsin on suspicion of operating a vehicle while intoxicated after Milwaukee County Sheriff deputies pulled him over on I-43 and he performed poorly on SFSTs .
- Replacing Romo on the broadcast team, J.J. Watt, a three-time NFL Defensive Player of the Year, will work alongside play-by-play announcer Jim Nantz and sideline reporter Tracy Wolfson for the upcoming season.
- CBS and parent company Paramount face uncertainty regarding Romo's 10-year, $180 million contract, with a court date set for September 21 that will likely influence the network's decision on his employment.
- Berson emphasized that protecting the network's 67-year relationship with the NFL requires certainty to focus on production and marketing as the season kicks off, stating "we have to consider the impact on our image and our brand.
78 Articles
78 Articles
Tony Romo’s CBS Future Gets Update After Drunk Driving Arrest
Photo Credit: NFL Films Popular CBS Sports analyst Tony Romo gets a crucial update following his drunk driving arrest last month. Apart from being the network’s No.1 analyst, Romo is also a former Dallas Cowboys quarterback. It’s been revealed that CBS Sports’ team hasn’t reached a final decision on Tony Romo yet. According to the network president David Berson, “It’s an evolving situation, and therefore we’re still investigating. There is no ti…
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 61% of the sources are Center
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium


























