Andrew Remains on Confidential Royal Funeral List, Report Says
The confidential “bridge” plans could still cover Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor, even after he lost his prince title and working royal status.
- On Saturday, reports surfaced that Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor remains on a confidential government list for a ceremonial funeral, despite his removal from the Royal Family's working ranks last year.
- Known formally as "bridge" plans, these government arrangements undergo regular updates to reflect changing circumstances; officials reportedly revised the Duke's plan following his loss of titles.
- Experts suggest a potential service could occur at St George's Chapel in Windsor Castle, while under current plans, the Duke would be interred at the private 33-acre Royal Burial Ground at Frogmore in Windsor.
- US lawyer Gloria Allred, who represented 27 Epstein victims, stated, "Andrew has brought disgrace upon the Royal Family and the UK as a result of his involvement with Jeffrey Epstein." Tory Home Officer Minister Alicia Kearns demanded officials revoke the plans immediately.
- These arrangements represent long-term contingency planning and are not expected to be needed for many years. The 66-year-old, who lost his HRH style last year, remains in good health, allowing time for potential future revisions.
34 Articles
34 Articles
Prince Andrew is still included in the British official protocol among members of the royal family, with the right to a large funeral ceremony.
Prince Andrew Still Has a Royal Funeral Plan Despite Losing His Titles: What Is 'Bridge Plan'?
Despite being stripped of all his royal titles, Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor is still slated to receive a full ceremonial funeral under a confidential "bridge" plan, sparking criticism from Epstein victims' lawyers and MPs
Former Prince Andrew has lost almost all the privileges he enjoyed for decades as a member of the British royal family. He no longer holds titles, performs no official duties, and his image has been deeply damaged by his ties to Jeffrey Epstein. But there is one last privilege that, at least for now, remains intact. Read more
Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor is associated with Jeffrey Epstein. A list reveals if the ex-royal is buried royally.
Former Prince Andrew is to be buried with royal honors after his death – although his remaining title was withdrawn from him by King Charles.
Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor Still Set for Royal Funeral Despite Losing All Royal Titles
Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor remains earmarked for a full royal ceremonial funeral despite being stripped of all his titles, according to confidential 'bridge' plans reported by local media. The 66-year-old, said to be in good health, is understood to feature in Whitehall arrangements setting out how senior royals will be laid to rest. 'Bridge' plans are the codename systems used to prepare royal funerals years in advance. Queen Elizabeth II's arr…
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 48% of the sources lean Right
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium
























