Spain Deploys Military to Ceuta After 49,000 Migrants Cross
Spain and Morocco agreed to accelerate repatriations as authorities said about 50,000 migrants crossed into Ceuta and half had already returned, officials said.
- At least 41 migrants died and tens of thousands entered the Spanish North African enclave of Ceuta following a massive border breach from Morocco.
- Most of the fatalities occurred near Tarajal beach, where victims drowned or were crushed in stampedes while attempting to swim around breakwater barriers.
- Spain deployed military troops and police reinforcements to assist overloaded local authorities and secure the frontier as thousands slept in public parks and on streets.
- Spanish officials attributed the sudden influx partly to human trafficking networks exploiting a recent Supreme Court ruling that limits the immediate return of migrants intercepted at sea.
- The incident triggered wider political and diplomatic reactions across Europe, drawing calls for emergency border measures and sparking debate over EU migration security.
832 Articles
832 Articles
The Ceuta migrant ‘crisis’ could happen again
For the European hard right and the White House, it seemed almost too good to be true: left-liberal Spain punished with a migration crisis of its own making.The histrionics came right on cue. As thousands of mainly Moroccan citizens streamed into the tiny Spanish enclave of Ceuta at the tip of north
Why Did 60,000 Migrants Cross from Morocco into Spain’s Ceuta? Moroccan Dutch Professor Explains
An estimated 60,000 people from Morocco crossed into the Spanish enclave of Ceuta, on the African side of the Strait of Gibraltar, in an unprecedented mass movement last week. At least 72 people died during the attempt. The sudden influx of migrants overwhelmed the city’s residents, leading to a humanitarian crisis while border police deployed water cannons, tear gas and warning shots to deter people from crossing. According to Spain’s Interior Ministry, nearly all of the migrants returned to
Military Takes Key Sites in Spain’s Ceuta Under Guard Amid Migrant Crisis
from Sputnik News: MOSCOW (Sputnik) – Military personnel, police and Civil Guard officers have been deployed in key areas of Spain’s autonomous city of Ceuta in North Africa amid the ongoing migrant crisis, a Sputnik correspondent reported on Saturday. Military vehicles and patrols are present in the city’s central squares, near gas stations and around […]
POLITICS: The overwhelming migrant blitz on Spain shatters globalist fiction and proves over leaders have abandoned sovereign borders
Can we say “invasion” now? What other word is there for the rough intrusion of tens of thousands of young men into the sovereign territory of a foreign nation? Surely not even the sappiest leftist in his tattered keffiyeh and “Refugees Welcome” T-shirt would describe the thuggish gatecrashing of an independent nation as “asylum seeking.” That might be the one and only upside to the extraordinary events in Ceuta this week: the death, at last, of …
Europe’s far right, once marginal, now sets tone on Spain migrant crisis - The Boston Globe
In its chaos, desperation, and sheer scale, the sudden surge last week of tens of thousands of migrants into a Spanish territory in North Africa recalled similar scenes 11 years ago along the coasts of Greece and Italy.
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 36% of the sources are Center
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium

















































