Skip to main content
See every side of every news story
Published loading...Updated

State Settles Electrolyser Funding Dispute with Fortescue - Industry Queensland

The confidential deal ends court proceedings and keeps project land and infrastructure in Queensland after the plant shut in May 2025.

The State Government says it has reached a confidential settlement with Fortescue to resolve their dispute over public funding contributions to Fortescue's electrolyser manufacturing facility in Gladstone. In a joint statement with Fortescue, it said the settlement ensured that value from the State's $66 million investment had been retained in Queensland for Queensland taxpayers. This included through the transfer of the project land, an electri…

7 Articles

Sydney Morning HeraldSydney Morning Herald
+3 Reposted by 3 other sources
Lean Left

Queensland settles $66m lawsuit with Fortescue over failed hydrogen project

Courtroom hostilities have come to an end, after the state hoped to claw back public money spent on a failed project in central Queensland.

·North Sydney, Australia
Read Full Article
Think freely.Subscribe and get full access to Ground NewsSubscriptions start at $9.99/yearSubscribe

Bias Distribution

  • 75% of the sources lean Left
75% Left

Factuality Info Icon

To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium

Ownership

Info Icon

To view ownership data please Upgrade to Vantage

Sydney Morning Herald broke the news in North Sydney, Australia on Thursday, August 20, 2026.
Too Big Arrow Icon
Sources are mostly out of (0)

Similar News Topics

News
Feed Dots Icon
For You
Search Icon
Search
Blindspot LogoBlindspotLocal