France Probes Disinfo Campaigns Targeting 2027 Election Candidates
Prosecutors say the fabricated posts used impersonated French media and false health claims to sway the 2027 presidential race.
- On Tuesday, Paris prosecutors opened an investigation into suspected Russian-linked disinformation campaigns targeting former prime ministers Gabriel Attal and Edouard Philippe, focusing on deepfakes posted to social media.
- France's Viginum watchdog attributed the campaign against Attal with a "high degree of confidence" to the pro-Russian "Matryoshka" network; security sources linked Storm-1516 to campaigns targeting Philippe and Raphael Glucksmann.
- Prosecutors previously opened a probe into a disinformation campaign against Glucksmann involving false information about his partner, Lea Salame, revealing how adversaries weaponize personal associations to discredit candidates.
- Attal's legal team said Tuesday the probe "demonstrates that judicial authorities are taking seriously" the gravity of digital interference, emphasizing protection of democratic debate from manipulation.
- The French government remains wary of Russian interference aiming to install a Kremlin-friendly candidate in the Elysee, with Glucksmann stating, "We cannot allow Vladimir Putin's Russia to manipulate the 2027 presidential election.
41 Articles
41 Articles
France investigates possible Russian interference in 2027 presidential election
The Paris prosecutor’s office has opened an investigation into disinformation campaigns targeting two leading candidates in the upcoming French presidential election, Édouard Philippe and Gabriel Attal. Russian networks may be involved in the information attacks.
An investigation into Russia's interference in the upcoming presidential elections has begun in France
The Paris Prosecutor's Office has launched an investigation into possible Russian interference in the French presidential election of 2027. This is reported by local media.
French Prosecutors Probe Alleged Russian Interference in 2027 Election
Paris prosecutors have launched an investigation into a targeted disinformation campaign aimed at undermining two major candidates running in the 2027 French presidential election, with Russian networks suspected of involvement. The campaign surfaced early in the summer, circulating fabricated news online to undermine the presidential bids of former Prime Ministers Édouard Philippe and Gabriel Attal, according to Politico on August 18. We bring…
The French prosecutors have opened an investigation into an alleged Russian disinformation campaign targeting the centrist candidates since the presidential elections next year, according to the announcement made on Tuesday by the Paris park, quoted by AFP. The authorities investigate deepfakes and fake video material from social networks about the main two candidates ...
French prosecutors have opened an investigation into a suspected Russian disinformation campaign targeting centrist candidates in next year's presidential election, the Paris prosecutor's office said on Tuesday.
Former Prime Ministers Édouard Philippe and Gabriel Attal have suffered disinformation campaigns about their health
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 50% of the sources lean Left
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium





























