Skip to main content
See every side of every news story
Published loading...Updated

Trump administration has revoked more than 175,000 visas, State Department says

Most revocations followed criminal arrests, fraud cases and national-security concerns, and the department said continuous vetting is meant to protect Americans.

  • On Monday, the State Department announced it has revoked more than 175,000 visas during President Donald Trump's administration, marking a significant escalation in travel privilege cancellations for foreign nationals.
  • Most revocations followed law enforcement encounters for criminal activity, with the State Department citing "assault, driving under the influence, theft, and drug crimes" as the leading causes.
  • Specific examples cited include foreigners who "celebrated" the assassination of Charlie Kirk, and over 100 visas for "birth tourist" parents in North Africa who came to the United States primarily to give birth.
  • This total exceeds the more than 100,000 revocations reported in January, reflecting the broad immigration crackdown initiated when Trump returned to the White House last year with stricter social media vetting.
  • Rights advocates have condemned the administration's social media screening efforts, arguing they threaten free speech and amount to surveillance while singling out immigrants, creating tension between security and privacy.
Insights by Ground AI
Podcasts & Opinions

233 Articles

derwesten.dederwesten.de
+2 Reposted by 2 other sources
Center

Trump continues to pull the reins in immigration policy, with the number of visas revoked now exceeding 175,000.

·Essen, Germany
Read Full Article
Lean Left

The State Department stated on Monday that, under the Trump administration, it had revoked more than 175,000 visas issued to foreign nationals accused of having committed crimes and endangering the security of the Americans.

·Montreal, Canada
Read Full Article
Think freely.Subscribe and get full access to Ground NewsSubscriptions start at $9.99/yearSubscribe

Bias Distribution

  • 43% of the sources lean Right
43% Right

Factuality Info Icon

To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium

Ownership

Info Icon

To view ownership data please Upgrade to Vantage

Antigua Observer Newspaper broke the news on Monday, August 10, 2026.
Too Big Arrow Icon
Sources are mostly out of (0)

Similar News Topics

News
Feed Dots Icon
For You
Search Icon
Search
Blindspot LogoBlindspotLocal