Successful Candidates Enter Jharkhand Secretariat Campus Protesting Exam Cancellations
Successful appointees are demanding a probe and legal recourse after the government said exams since 2014 will be investigated.
- On Monday, Jharkhand Chief Minister Hemant Soren cancelled the JSSC-CGL examination and all recruitment tests conducted by TSR Data Processing Pvt Ltd since 2014, impacting around 2,000 successful candidates.
- The decision followed sustained protests led by the JPSC-JSSC Reforms Manch, which has been spearheading a two-week campaign against alleged corruption in government job exams.
- Successful candidates like Kaushal Kumar and Chanda Kumari argue they were appointed following court orders; Kumar claimed more than 500 appointees left Central government jobs, including positions at the India Meteorological Department, to join state service.
- Protesting outside the Jharkhand Secretariat on Tuesday, candidates demanded a CBI investigation, with one stating, "You cannot throw us out without any rhyme or reason."
- JMM spokesperson Manoj Pandey acknowledged the anguish, stating, "We are sympathetic to them," while Technical Education Minister Sudivya Kumar suggested legal recourse and an exam reforms committee headed by Amitabh Kaushal began work on strengthening recruitment measures.
24 Articles
24 Articles
'Media Backed Unfair Demand': Exam Cancelled, Scores in Jharkhand Now Lose Jobs
Thousands cleared Jharkhand’s JSSC-CGL recruitment, fought court battles and finally secured government jobs. Eight months later, Hemant Soren’s government scrapped the entire exam over alleged irregularities.
"Total Arbitrary Decree:" JSSC-CGL Qualified Candidates Vow to Approach Court After Exam Cancellation Order
Get latest articles and stories on India at LatestLY. Speaking to ANI, a protestor said,"This isn't natural justice. Put us in the dock of an inquiry; prove it to us. You can't just remove us like this. This is a total 'arbitrary decree.' The government must take it back. If they don't, we will go to Court. We will use every tactic to get [our jobs] back. We didn't get these jobs as 'charity'; we got them through a Court order." India News | "To…
Jharkhand govt cancels 44 recruitment exams amid protests; appointed candidates challenge move
Jharkhand cancelled 44 recruitments since 2014 over irregularities. Protesting candidates demand investigations, not outright cancellation of their.Jharkhand recruitment irregularities, JPSC exam cancellations, JSSC-CGL examination, recruitment process reforms, candidate protests, government job appointments, CID investigation, Abhay Tiwari arrest, state cabinet decision, examination malpractices, recruitment bodies vigilance, fast-track court, …
‘We have lost everything’: Jharkhand exam cancellation leaves 2,000 appointees in limbo
On Monday evening, following a prolonged agitation by students demanding action over alleged irregularities, the state government cancelled the Jharkhand Staff Selection Commission — Combined Graduate Level (JSSC-CGL) examination.
JSSC-CGL fallout threatens 2,000 govt posts in Jharkhand
Ranchi: The Jharkhand government’s decision to cancel the JSSC-Combined Graduate Level (JSSC-CGL) examination has triggered a crisis in the state administration, with the functioning of several departments and offices getting affected as over 2,000 employees appointed through the recruitment process face the risk of losing their jobs. Many of the successful candidates had already joined government service after December 2025 and were posted acro…
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 53% of the sources lean Right
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium























