Palestinian American returns to West Bank to defend his home under siege by Israeli settlers
Loui Ridi says he will join relatives defending a home where settlers have trapped 15 Palestinians for more than a week, officials said.
- On Monday, Palestinian-American Loui Ridi arrived in Israel, planning to reach his family's home in the West Bank village of Qusra, where his 83-year-old mother is among Palestinians besieged by Israeli settlers for over a week.
- Violence has soared in the West Bank this year, with dozens of Palestinians killed and several Israelis killed in Tell last month, as settlers reportedly emboldened by Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's government target Palestinian towns.
- The Israeli army declared the Qusra area, located 16 kilometers southeast of Nablus, a closed military zone last week. Qusai Abu Rida and his teenage son remain inside to protect their property from settlers.
- Condemning the siege, the United States noted the Israeli army deployed troops to maintain order. "I'm terrified for my brother and his son and their safety," Ridi told reporters, expressing fear for his own safety.
- Settlers continue patrolling near Qusra according to recent video footage, and it remains unclear whether Ridi will successfully enter the village to join family members protecting their homes.
98 Articles
98 Articles
Louai Abu Ridi, an American-Palestinian whose house is surrounded by settlers in the West Bank, raised the American flag to challenge Washington in the face of intensified violence
The inhabitants of three homes in the Palestinian village have been unable to leave and receive UN food for ten days, while the army allows settlers to move around the area.
It is called Loui Ridi. It is Palestinian-American, lives in Toledo, Ohio, and is the owner of one of the three houses that for over a week have been besieged by Israeli settlers in the village of Qusra, in the occupied territories, in an area that, according to the peace agreements of the 1990s, was placed under the [...] The article Qusra, Palestinian-American returns from the USA and raises the American flag on its house besieged by the settl…
Settler siege on Qusra families south of Nablus enters 10th day
Settlers, backed by Israeli occupation forces, have continued for the 10th consecutive day to besiege three Palestinian homes in the Jabal Ras Al-Ain area of Qusra, south of Nablus, amid warnings of worsening humanitarian conditions for the trapped families and severe shortages of water, food and medicine.
Without sleep, in permanent fear: for days, a Palestinian family has stood up to the siege by radical settlers, and there is great concern that it may soon run out of food and medicines.
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 43% of the sources are Center
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium































