Skip to main content
See every side of every news story
Published loading...Updated

Norway to give over $9 billion to Ukraine in 2027

The package matches Norway’s 2026 contribution and will fund both military and humanitarian needs, the government said.

  • On August 23, Norway announced plans to provide 85 billion Norwegian crowns in financial support to Ukraine for the 2027 fiscal year, matching the 2026 funding levels.
  • Norwegian Prime Minister Jonas Gahr Stoere described the aid as "an investment in Europe's own security," confirming the funds will cover both military and humanitarian spending.
  • Leaders from across the Nordic and Baltic region joined Stoere in Kyiv, demonstrating a collective commitment to Ukraine amidst the ongoing war with Russia.
  • Ramping up drone campaigns aimed at crippling each other's economic infrastructure, Russia and Ukraine continue fighting as the conflict grinds toward the 4-1/2-year mark.
  • Russian President Vladimir Putin warned that Kyiv opened a "Pandora's box" with strikes on economic targets, vowing to retaliate against Ukraine's "most sensitive economic sectors.
Insights by Ground AI

31 Articles

Lean Left

Ukraine to receive about $9 billion from Norway: Støre reveals details of aidNorway plans to provide Ukraine with about $9 billion in support, mostly military, in 2027. Kyiv and Oslo will sign a declaration of partnership.

·Kyiv, Ukraine
Read Full Article
Lean Left

Norway is supporting Ukraine with an amount of 85 billion kroner (2,800 forints, $9 billion), roughly the same amount as last year, the Norwegian government announced. Prime Minister Jonas Gahr Störe, along with leaders of several other Nordic and Baltic countries, assured the Ukrainian leadership of its support in Kiev. “Supporting and rebuilding Ukraine is not just aid, but an investment in Europe’s own security,” he said. Russian President Vl…

·Hungary
Read Full Article
Center

Norway announced that Ukraine agreed in 2027, a supplementary spring of 85 billion Norwegian kroner (9.2 billion dollars), mentioned above the level of autorului offered in 2026. Premierul Jonas Gahr Støre has informed him personally for president Volodimir Zelenski to propose, in a time unei intâlniri disfășurate la Kiev.

·Bucharest, Romania
Read Full Article
Think freely.Subscribe and get full access to Ground NewsSubscriptions start at $9.99/yearSubscribe

Bias Distribution

  • 43% of the sources lean Left
43% Left

Factuality Info Icon

To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium

Ownership

Info Icon

To view ownership data please Upgrade to Vantage

TV 2 broke the news on Sunday, August 23, 2026.
Too Big Arrow Icon
Sources are mostly out of (0)

Similar News Topics

News
Feed Dots Icon
For You
Search Icon
Search
Blindspot LogoBlindspotLocal