2XKO Development Is Ending at Riot Less Than One Year After Release
Riot will keep 2XKO servers online and add limited updates through year-end after saying player retention fell short of sustainability.
- Riot, the game developer, plans to end active development on the fighting game at the end of the year. The project officially launched earlier this year, but it failed to sustain enough interest.
- Insufficient player retention prompted the decision. "Earning the trust of lots of core fighting game players" was the goal, Riot said, but the developer laid off 80 people after the release.
- Through the rest of the year, Riot will introduce new champions, Lux and Samira, to the game. The developer will also deliver a final bug fix patch at the end of the year.
- Players will receive refunds for all money spent on or before the current day. Additionally, Avatar and player profile items will be unlockable for Credits as the developer bundles most cosmetic items.
- Servers will remain on to support online play. After that, the fighting game will be playable on all platforms for players who wish to continue engaging with the project.
24 Articles
24 Articles
(Seoul = Yonhap News) Reporter Kim Ju-hwan = Riot Games is halting the development of new content for the fighting game '2XKO', which was ambitiously unveiled last year, due to poor popularity...
2XKO Development Is Ending at Riot Less Than One Year After Release
Courtesy of Riot Games In a surprise announcement, Riot Games has announced that their 2v2 fighting game 2XKO will no longer be receiving support, starting in December 2026 at the end of this year. This comes only eight months after the game’s initial PC launch, and even fewer months since the title’s release on other consoles. With multiple DLC […]
'It Would Be Impossible for Us to Continue' — 2XKO Team Explains Why It's Ending Active Development for the Game in December 2026
In one of the more heartbreaking developments in the games industry this year, Riot’s League of Legends fighting game, 2XKO, will officially end active development in December.The writing has been on the wall for some time now, but the official news still hit the fighting game community like a freight train. The 2XKO team explained the situation in a blog post on August 20, admitting that there simply aren’t enough active players to justify cont…
Riot is ending development on its League of Legends fighting game
Riot Games is already winding down work on 2XKO, the free-to-play League of Legends fighting game, less than a year after its initial launch. Riot says "active development" will conclude at the end of 2026 because the company hasn't "seen enough players stick with the game to get to a path toward sustainability." Servers will stay online "beyond 2026," and Riot is unlocking all playable characters and refunding money spent on the game. 2XKO laun…
Riot is ending active development on 2XKO less than a year after console launch
Riot Games will end active development on 2XKO in December 2026, less than a year after its January console launch. The free-to-play fighting game will stay online on PC and consoles, and offline play will continue, but Riot will stop making major new content after October. though active development is ending, the 2XKO team is still here through the end of 2026. our goal now is to do right by the players that have invested in us. https://t.co/R…
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 50% of the sources are Center
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium















