Board of Peace envoy meets with Netanyahu on Gaza disarmament deal, urges halt to strikes
The envoy said the plan can still work if all parties act, as Israel has killed at least 14 Palestinians since the agreement was announced.
- Board of Peace Director-General Nickolay Mladenov is calling for ceasefire implementation as Israeli strikes killed at least 14 Palestinians on Sunday alone, destroying medical supplies in Gaza.
- President Donald Trump announced a tentative 15-point disarmament roadmap last week requiring Hamas to disarm while Israeli forces withdraw from the enclave in carefully structured phases.
- Spokesperson Doron Spielman stated the published version "does not reflect" Israel's official position, as the government has expressed "serious security concerns" regarding the plan.
- Turkey's Ministry of Foreign Affairs condemned the ongoing strikes that killed more than 30 civilians, accusing Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu of obstructing peace initiatives to displace Palestinians.
- Mladenov is scheduled to arrive in Israel this week to meet senior officials, seeking to salvage the critical 14-day negotiation period for implementation protocols that remains frozen.
56 Articles
56 Articles
'Nowhere Is Safe in Gaza'
“The population density is phenomenal. I have never worked anywhere, in any humanitarian context, in which people have been in such proximity to one another,” reports Dr James Smith, a UK-based medic currently volunteering at a refugee camp in Gaza’s coastal Al Mawasi district. In an interview with the Byline Times Podcast, Dr Smith - deputy director of the humanitarian policy and practice programme at UCL, London - explained that around 600,000…
As Board of Peace urges de-escalation, IDF strikes reportedly kill two in Gaza
Report: Houthi threats force Saudi oil tankers to reroute around Africa. British Maritime Safety Authority says cargo vessel reports being hit by projectile near Oman. Lebanese media: IDF strikes in southern Lebanon
The official of US President Donald Trump's peace committee overseeing the post-war transition in the Palestinian Gaza Strip met with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Monday, according to a statement, in part to discuss a new disarmament deal the committee reached with the Palestinian Hamas movement, which Israel has been at war with.
Hamas disarmament deal meets inauspicious start
Good Monday afternoon. This P.M. briefing is reserved for our premium subscribers like you — offering a forward-focused read on what we’re tracking now and what’s coming next. Today’s Daily Overtime was curated by JI U.S. Editor Danielle Cohen-Kanik. On Our Radar Notable developments and interesting tidbits we’re tracking President Donald Trump lambasted Iranian leadership today, calling the regime “unbelievably duplicitous” for contradicting hi…
The organ is delivered after a meeting between senior representative Nickolay Mladenov and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu. More information: Trump announces an agreement of the Peace Board for Hamas' "total disarmament" as part of his plan for the Gaza Strip
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 40% of the sources lean Left, 40% of the sources are Center
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium




























