Skip to main content
See every side of every news story
Published loading...Updated

Israel Prepares Major Military Operation in West Bank After Four Palestinians and Two Israelis Killed

The military said it will send reinforcements and go after dozens of people after six were killed in clashes, officials said.

  • On Friday, a violent clash near the Palestinian village of Tell left six dead, prompting Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to order the military to accelerate establishment and legalization of settlement outposts in the area.
  • An unauthorized hike by settlers near Tell sparked clashes that resulted in deaths of four Palestinians and two Israeli soldiers, marking the deadliest incident in months.
  • Settler attacks escalated in nearby Faraata, where the Palestinian Red Crescent reported eight people injured on Friday, with six hospitalized; residents documented settlers setting fires to homes and vehicles while calling for "revenge."
  • The Palestinian Authority condemned the settler attacks while accusing Netanyahu and Defense Minister Israel Katz of accelerating establishment and legalization of colonial outposts in the West Bank.
  • United Nations Special Coordinator for the Middle East Peace Process Ramiz Alakbarov demanded "urgent action" to protect Palestinian communities and ensure accountability for those responsible for the violence.
Insights by Ground AI

43 Articles

Left

Jerusalem. As military operations in the reoccupied West Bank increased, Israeli Defense Minister Israel Katz yesterday ordered the army to take control of another Palestinian refugee camp, while Tel Aviv forces demolished 11 homes and moved more mobile homes to a checkpoint in order to expand their settlement plans, amid their illegal territorial expansion to prevent the creation of a Palestinian State.

·Mexico
Read Full Article
Center

Deaths, arson attacks and destroyed houses: An incident involving two Israelis killed and four Palestinians has set in motion a new escalation of violence. The Israeli army apparently allows the radical settlers to be granted. By B. Meier.

·Hamburg, Germany
Read Full Article
Lean Left

DR has visited the town of Tell, where Palestinians fear more revenge attacks after four Palestinians and two Israelis were shot and killed on Friday.

·Copenhagen, Denmark
Read Full Article
Center

The silent violence in the occupied West Bank turns into a fire that completely engulfs it. Last Friday, a clash of Israeli settlers with the local population outside Nablus caused the death of four Palestinians and two Israeli soldiers. Since then, Israeli forces have launched a large-scale operation of raids and arrests. The closure of the borders by the Israeli Army around the city of Nablus, in the north of the occupied Palestinian territori…

·Barcelona, Spain
Read Full Article
Think freely.Subscribe and get full access to Ground NewsSubscriptions start at $9.99/yearSubscribe

Bias Distribution

  • 50% of the sources lean Left
50% Left

Factuality Info Icon

To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium

Ownership

Info Icon

To view ownership data please Upgrade to Vantage

Asharq AL-awsat broke the news in London, United Kingdom on Friday, July 24, 2026.
Too Big Arrow Icon
Sources are mostly out of (0)

Similar News Topics

News
Feed Dots Icon
For You
Search Icon
Search
Blindspot LogoBlindspotLocal