Settlers force re-burial of Palestinian man in West Bank, family says
Israeli troops confiscated settlers’ digging tools after Palestinians were ordered to rebury a body that had been buried with prior security coordination.
- A Palestinian family from Asaasa held a funeral for a relative over eighty years old near the Sa-Nur outpost in the West Bank, but Israelis began exhuming the grave, claiming it was too close to their settlement.
- Sa-Nur, evacuated 21 years ago as part of Israel's disengagement plan, was re-established only last month, creating the friction point despite the funeral having been approved and coordinated with security forces.
- The IDF arrived following reports of Confrontations, confiscating digging tools from Israelis, though Footage showed the body had already been removed from the grave by the time soldiers reached the site.
- Following the incident, the Palestinian family transferred the body for burial in a nearby village, and The IDF stated, "The issue of coordinating the funeral and managing the event will be investigated by the commanders, and lessons will be drawn accordingly."
- The IDF condemned actions harming the dignity of the deceased and public order, noting that while the burial was approved, the subsequent exhumation remains under review by military commanders to prevent future incidents.
40 Articles
40 Articles
In the occupied West Bank, the violence is now daily. The Israeli NGO Breaking the Silence, in its last count, counted 378 in 40 days. Yet, some attacks are surprising. In the north of this occupied territory, it is a funeral that went wrong Friday, May 8. Palestinians had to exhume a death to bury it further, at the request of threatening Israeli settlers. The population is deeply shocked.
Israeli settlers force Palestinians to exhume body after burial
Extremist Israeli settlers on Friday forced Palestinians to exhume a body and move it to another location after they claimed it was buried too close to an Israeli settlement in the northern occupied West Bank. The Times of Israel (TOI) said Israeli soldiers stood by and watched as this happened near the settlement of Sa-Nur, which was evacuated 20 years ago and officially reopened last month. Despite the military acknowledging that the funeral h…
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 40% of the sources lean Left
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium




























