Iran condemns US plans to announce new sanctions
Iran says foreign banks and companies that comply with the new measures would be treated as enemies, as Washington plans tougher sanctions, officials said.
- The U.S. and Iran continued exchanging hostile statements on Saturday, as Washington prepared to announce new sanctions against Tehran.
- U.S. Treasury Secretary Scott Bessent has said the upcoming measures will impose unprecedented economic pressure on Iran and could reduce the need for further military action.
- Iran has rejected the planned sanctions, describing them as illegal and an infringement on its sovereignty. Iranian officials have said Tehran is preparing strategies to withstand additional economic pressure.
- The two sides have not resumed direct negotiations, while disagreements persist over issues including Iran's nuclear program, sanctions and the status of the Strait of Hormuz.
- Oil shipments through the waterway have fallen sharply from pre-war levels, with Reuters reporting an average of about 8 million barrels per day, compared with more than 20 million before the conflict.
95 Articles
95 Articles
Iran warns countries against joining US 'economic war'
Iran has said nations joining US economic sanctions against it would be considered enemies. Earlier this week, President Trump had announced what he called the "most crushing economic operation" against Tehran.
US-Iran war news LIVE: Iran warns neighbours against joining Trump's economic war, threatens action over oil routes
US-Iran war news LIVE: Iran's Secretary of the Supreme National Security Council (SNSC), Mohsen Rezaei, on Saturday (local time) issued a warning to neighbouring countries against joining the United States' economic war. Tune in to Live Mint to catch all the latest US-Iran war-related updates.
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 39% of the sources lean Right
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium





































