Guinea-Bissau Faces First Mpox Outbreak: UNICEF
UNICEF says 23 of 46 suspected cases are in children under 15 as surveillance gaps and school reopening raise spread concerns.
10 Articles
10 Articles
Guinea-Bissau faces first mpox outbreak: UNICEF
Guinea-Bissau is facing its first outbreak of mpox, UN children's agency UNICEF said Thursday, voicing concern that half of suspected cases were affecting children and that the country is ill-prepared.
Seven confirmed and 46 suspected cases, 23 of which were in children. Unicef asks for $150,000 in an emergency and warns of risks with returning to school.
Children under the age of 15 account for half of the 46 suspected cases of monkey pox, or mpox, registered so far in Guinea-Bissau, where health authorities respond to the first outbreak of this disease detected in the country's history, reported the United Nations Children's Fund (Unicef, for its [...] The Half-Cases of Monkey pox in Guinea-Bissau are childhoods: Unicef first appeared on Contraline.
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 75% of the sources are Center
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium











