In Jerusalem, US Negotiator Jared Kushner Presses Netanyahu About Gaza Deal
Kushner urged Netanyahu to test Hamas on disarmament as negotiators agreed only on working groups and threat-flagging steps, officials said.
- Envoy Jared Kushner left Israel on Monday without a breakthrough on the US-proposed Gaza ceasefire deal following discussions with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.
- Negotiations remain deadlocked over disarmament sequencing, as Hamas demands Israel withdraw from 60% of Gaza, while Netanyahu insists Hamas must disarm first before any troop withdrawal.
- Kushner previously consulted with Hamas political leader Khalil to propose a phased disarmament plan, where Hamas would surrender weapons to a Palestinian authority for destruction.
- Netanyahu's office termed the discussions "deep and constructive," while a Board of Peace official called the meeting "lengthy, in depth and very productive."
- The Israel Defense Forces will continue necessary operations until Hamas disarms, as Netanyahu remains skeptical of the group's commitment to demilitarization.
40 Articles
40 Articles
Kushner meets Netanyahu – but progress in the Gaza deal remains. Israel insists on disarming Hamas before troops withdraw. An analysis.
Kushner warns Hamas: US will allow Israel to 'finish the job' if disarmament fails
Jared Kushner says progress in Gaza disarmament could start in as little as one to three months. By World Israel News Staff US envoy Jared Kushner issued a blunt warning to Hamas on Monday, saying the group has a limited opportunity to prove it is serious about surrendering its weapons before Washington gives Israel broader backing to resume military operations and “finish the job” in Gaza. Kushner delivered the warning after an intensive two-da…
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 40% of the sources lean Left
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium



























