Skip to main content
See every side of every news story
Published loading...Updated

Italy sees no sign of Russian link to Colleferro munitions blast, minister says

Defence Minister Guido Crosetto said investigators see no evidence of Russian sabotage as prosecutors examine possible links to similar blasts in Bulgaria.

  • On Monday, Defence Minister Guido Crosetto stated Italy has seen no evidence linking Russia to last Thursday's explosion at the KNDS Ammo Italy factory in Colleferro.
  • The blast occurred while firefighters were already battling a fire at the site, which produces medium- and large-calibre ammunition for land and naval defence systems.
  • Italian newspaper La Repubblica reported Monday that prosecutors are examining potential links to similar incidents in Bulgaria, while KNDS stated the incident remains under investigation.
  • Opposition Azione party leader Carlo Calenda called on the government to brief parliament, stating, "We cannot remain in uncertainty over a possible Russian hybrid attack."
  • Crosetto told Adnkronos, "There is no indication to anyone that this could be anything other than an internal problem," while the Russian embassy in Italy has not commented.
Insights by Ground AI

21 Articles

Lean Left

Italy sees no signs of Russian involvement in the explosion at the munitions plant - dMinister of Defense of Italy Guido Crocetto rejected the assumption of Russian involvement in the explosion at the KNDS Ammo Italy plant in Colleferro. The incident occurred on August 13, no casualties.

·Kyiv, Ukraine
Read Full Article
Lean Left

Italy's government has seen nothing to suggest Russia was behind last week's explosion at a munitions factory near Rome, Defense Minister Guido Crosetto was quoted as saying on Monday. The explosion hit a KNDS Ammo Italy factory in Colleferro, southeast of Rome, on Thursday after firefighters were called to put out a fire at the site. No injuries were reported. While the government has not commented on reports that the factory produces ammunitio…

ReutersReuters
+4 Reposted by 4 other sources
Center

Italy sees no sign of Russian link to Colleferro munitions blast, minister says

Italy's government has seen nothing to suggest that Russia was behind last week's explosion at a munitions plant near ​Rome, Defence Minister Guido Crosetto was quoted as ‌saying on Monday.

·London, United Kingdom
Read Full Article
Lean Left

It does not turn out to anyone that it can be something different from an internal problem. A dry denial to clear the field from the hypotheses ventilated four days from the banquet that has shaken the province of Rome: so the Minister of Defense Guido Crosetto has chosen to intervene on the explosion in the factory of ammunition of [...] The article Crosetto denies the Russian "piste" behind the explosion in the factory of ammo in Colleferro: "…

·Rome, Italy
Read Full Article
Think freely.Subscribe and get full access to Ground NewsSubscriptions start at $9.99/yearSubscribe

Bias Distribution

  • 46% of the sources lean Left
46% Left

Factuality Info Icon

To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium

Ownership

Info Icon

To view ownership data please Upgrade to Vantage

La Repubblica broke the news in Rome, Italy on Sunday, August 16, 2026.
Too Big Arrow Icon
Sources are mostly out of (0)

Similar News Topics

News
Feed Dots Icon
For You
Search Icon
Search
Blindspot LogoBlindspotLocal