Dodgers president shuts down sale rumors after Mark Walter’s $12.5B Lakers deal
Stan Kasten said no sale process has started and that Mark Walter is not exploring sales of the Dodgers or his other sports holdings.
- On Friday, Los Angeles Dodgers president Stan Kasten dismissed online speculation that the franchise is for sale, following owner Mark Walter's $12.5 billion sale of the Los Angeles Lakers earlier this month.
- Federal prosecutors and the Securities and Exchange Commission are investigating Walter's insurance companies, Delaware Life and Clear Spring, over failing to disclose more than $20 billion in loans to affiliated entities.
- Investigators subpoenaed Egan-Jones Ratings, which provided exclusive ratings for at least 50% of Clear Spring's $6.3 billion bond portfolio, to examine how billions in financing supported Walter's other businesses.
- Kasten also confirmed that Walter is not exploring sales of his other sports properties, including the WNBA's Los Angeles Sparks and the Professional Women's Hockey League.
- While Walter is cooperating with the investigation, Kasten noted the owner remains committed to the Dodgers, who have won three World Series titles in six seasons with stars like Shohei Ohtani.
33 Articles
33 Articles
Dodgers President Addresses Sale Rumors After Mark Walter Sells Lakers for Record $12.5B
In the wake of Mark Walter's surprise decision to sell the Los Angeles Lakers, there doesn't appear to be any indication within the Los Angeles Dodgers organization that they are going to change owners.
Stan Kasten addresses Dodgers' future, sale speculation
Aug 16, 2019; Atlanta, GA, USA; Detailed view of Los Angeles Dodgers hat and glove in the dugout against the Atlanta Braves in the first inning at SunTrust Park. Mandatory Credit: Brett Davis-USA TODAY Sports Los Angeles Dodgers president Stan Kasten on Friday firmly shut down speculation that the franchise could be sold amid questions surrounding controlling owner Mark Walter. “The Dodgers are not being sold. They’re not gonna be sold. They’re …
Dodgers president Stan Kasten: Team is not for sale
Although Los Angeles Dodgers owner Mark Walter is selling off other holdings while reportedly facing investigations into alleged tax fraud, the two-time reigning World Series champions will not change hands, according to team president Stan Kasten."The Dodgers are not being sold," Kasten said on Friday before the Dodgers defeated the visiting Pittsburgh Pirates 5-4 in 10 innings. "They're not gonna be sold. They're not for sale. There's no proce…
Dodgers president shuts down sale talk after Mark Walter's Lakers deal ...
Dodgers president shuts down sale rumors after Mark Walter’s $12.5B Lakers deal
Los Angeles Dodgers president Stan Kasten has addressed online speculation about the team's future under owner Mark Walter.
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 42% of the sources are Center
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium


















