Published 8 hours ago • loading... • Updated 56 minutes ago
Diamondbacks Move Ketel Marte to IL After in-Person Meeting
An MRI showed knee inflammation and Marte received an injection, leaving the three-time All-Star out for at least 10 days, Hazen said.
On Thursday, the Arizona Diamondbacks reinstated second baseman Ketel Marte from the restricted list and transferred him to the 10-day injured list due to left knee inflammation, General Manager Mike Hazen said.
Marte had been on the restricted list since Monday, August 17, after unexpectedly failing to report to Fenway Park in Boston. His camp later described the situation as a "personal issue," and he will not be paid for the three days spent on the restricted list.
Following the no-show, Marte met with General Manager Mike Hazen, manager Torey Lovullo, and agent Charisse Espinosa-Dash at Salt River Fields on Thursday. Hazen described the meeting as "productive," though he declined to provide specifics.
An MRI revealed inflammation in the knee and hamstring, prompting Marte to receive an injection to help the inflammation subside. Because he was on the restricted list, his injured list stint cannot be backdated, with the earliest return date August 30.
The Diamondbacks, currently one game behind the San Diego Padres for the final National League wild-card spot, host the Cincinnati Reds on Friday. Marte's absence comes as the team pushes for postseason contention.
(Seoul = Yonhap News) Reporter Kim Dong-han = Ketel Marte (32, Arizona Diamondbacks), the '161 billion won man' playing in Major League Baseball (MLB)...
The second base of the Arizona Diamondbacks Ketel Mars, will be transferred from the restricted list to the injured list for 10 days, three days after he did not show up for a game in Boston.