BJP to lay siege to Karnataka Vidhana Soudha on Aug 24: LoP Ashoka
The opposition says the protest will intensify pressure on the Congress government as it cites alleged diversion of Rs 89.63 crore from the Valmiki Corporation.
- On Monday, the Bharatiya Janata Party and Janata Dal-Secular will lay siege to Vidhana Soudha in Bengaluru, demanding the removal of Planning and Statistics Minister B Nagendra from the Cabinet over his alleged involvement in a funds embezzlement scam.
- Nagendra, re-inducted into Chief Minister D K Shivakumar's Cabinet on August 3, 2026, previously resigned in June 2024 following allegations regarding the Maharshi Valmiki Scheduled Tribes Development Corporation, where investigators suspect about 187 crore was diverted.
- Citing CBI findings, Leader of the Opposition in the Karnataka Assembly R Ashoka alleged that 89 crore was diverted through about 600 bank accounts, while the BJP compiled details of 35 cases involving the minister, which Ashoka claimed are 'related to looting.'
- Questioning Congress leadership's 'loyalty' to constitutional values, Ashoka demanded Nagendra's exit while the opposition continues disrupting legislative proceedings, maintaining the government should not retain a minister facing such serious allegations.
- Union Minister and JD-S state president H D Kumaraswamy supports continuing the agitation, according to Ashoka, who stated, 'We will not stop here. Tomorrow too, we are going to lay siege to Vidhana Soudha,' signaling further confrontation.
13 Articles
13 Articles
K'taka Oppn to lay siege to assembly on Monday over DKS minister's removal
Leader of the Opposition in the Karnataka assembly R Ashoka on Sunday announced that the Bharatiya Janata Party and its ally Janata Dal-Secular would lay siege to Vidhana Soudha in Bengaluru on August 24 seeking the removal of planning and statistics minister B Nagendra from the cabinet.
BJP-JDS to lay seige to Karnataka Assembly over Rs 187-crore 'fund diversion'
R Ashoka accused the Karnataka government of failing to account for ₹187 crore linked to the Valmiki Corporation and announced a BJP march to Vidhana Soudha. He said the protest would continue until the government answered questions on the alleged diversion of public funds.
<p style="text-align: justify;">The Valmiki Corporation controversy has once again ignited a political controversy in Karnataka. Leader of the Opposition in the Legislative Assembly, R. Ashoka, announced on Sunday (August 23, 2026) that the BJP and its ally, the JDS, will lay siege to the Vidhana Soudha in Bengaluru on August 24th. The opposition's main demand is the removal of Planning and Statistics Minister B. Nagendra from the cabinet.</p> <…
BJP to lay siege to K'taka Vidhana Soudha on Aug 24: LoP Ashoka
Bengaluru, Aug 23 (PTI) Leader of the Opposition in the Karnataka Assembly R Ashoka on Sunday announced that the BJP and its ally JD(S) would lay siege to Vidhana Soudha here on August 24 seeking the removal of Planning and Statistics Minister B Nagendra from the cabinet. Addressing reporters here, Ashoka alleged that Nagendra should […]
BJP to lay siege to Karnataka Vidhana Soudha on Aug 24: LoP
Bengaluru: Leader of the Opposition in the Karnataka Assembly R Ashoka on Sunday announced that the BJP and its ally JD(S) would lay siege to Vidhana Soudha here on August 24 seeking the removal of Planning and Statistics Minister B Nagendra from the cabinet. Addressing reporters here, Ashoka alleged that Nagendra should be removed for his involvement in Rs 89 crore Karnataka Maharshi Valmiki Scheduled Tribes Development Corporation scam. The BJ…
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 60% of the sources lean Right
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium













