Skip to main content
See every side of every news story
Published loading...Updated

Barcelona announce Rodri signing from Manchester City

  • World Cup-winning Spain captain Rodri arrived in Barcelona on Monday to finalize a €76.5 million transfer from Manchester City.
  • Barcelona reached an agreement on Sunday after City rejected previous bids, with Rodri holding one year remaining on his Etihad Stadium contract.
  • The former Atletico Madrid player won the 2023 Champions League final and the Ballon d'Or; he helped Spain secure the World Cup title last month but missed City's Community Shield defeat on Sunday.
  • Rodri called the move "a dream come true" ahead of his Tuesday medical, joining international teammates Lamine Yamal, Dani Olmo, Pau Cubarsí, Gavi, and Pedri at the Nou Camp with a formal presentation penciled in for Wednesday.
  • Manchester City manager Enzo Maresca previously called Rodri a "top player," though City has already spent £116m on Elliot Anderson to restructure their midfield following Tijjani Reijnders' departure.
Insights by Ground AI
Podcasts & Opinions

207 Articles

Lean Left

FC Barcelona commits Rodri to Manchester City for 70 million euros, despite a billion-dollar debt. How is that possible?

·Zürich, Switzerland
Read Full Article
Center

Sant Joan Despí (Barcelona), 19 Aug (EFE).- The Spanish midfielder Rodrigo Hernández ‘Rodri’ participated this Wednesday in his first training with his new club, FC Barcelona, at the facilities of the Joan Gamper Sports City. https://holanews.com/wp-content/uploads/2026/08rss-efe31dcad07-dcfc-4656-84b8-45e5ffa1acfb-hd-web.mp4 The captain of the Spanish team, who arrived on Monday in Barcelona and on Tuesday signed the contract with the Catalan e…

Center

FC Barcelona has confirmed the arrival of Rodri. The 30-year-old midfielder has signed a four-year contract with the Spanish champions. He joins from Manchester City.

·Rotterdam, Netherlands (Kingdom of the)
Read Full Article
Lean Right

London (dpa) - Rodri said he wants to "feel that excitement again" after completing his £4.65 million move from Manchester City to Barcelona. The midfielder, who won the Golden Ball award for best player at the tournament after leading Spain to World Cup victory, signed a four-year contract with the Catalan club on Tuesday, according to the British news agency PA Media. The 30-year-old said: "I'm very happy and excited about this new stage in my…

Think freely.Subscribe and get full access to Ground NewsSubscriptions start at $9.99/yearSubscribe

Bias Distribution

  • 44% of the sources are Center
44% Center

Factuality Info Icon

To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium

Ownership

Info Icon

To view ownership data please Upgrade to Vantage

Cadena SER broke the news on Sunday, August 16, 2026.
Too Big Arrow Icon
Sources are mostly out of (0)

Similar News Topics

News
Feed Dots Icon
For You
Search Icon
Search
Blindspot LogoBlindspotLocal