Nigeria: Dozens Killed in Plateau State Attack
Residents said attackers went house to house with machetes, and women and children made up most of the victims, local officials said.
- On Monday night, armed men stormed Bin-Per, a village in Nigeria's Plateau state, killing at least 25 people; attackers moved house to house with machetes, targeting women and children.
- This massacre followed the killing of two herders last week, triggering a suspected reprisal at nearby Maitimbe, part of years of spiraling violence between Muslim Fulani herders and Christian farmers over scarce land.
- Criticizing the response, the Mwaghavul Youth Movement accused authorities of failing to protect vulnerable communities, with spokesperson Tubwot Joël Sunday stating the recurring violence "cannot continue to be treated as ordinary incidents."
- Matthew Kwarpo, a Plateau state assembly representative, urged authorities to "deploy proactive measures" to prevent attacks, emphasizing the need to address underlying grievances in Mangu.
- Amnesty International estimates at least 2,630 people have been killed in Plateau state since President Bola Tinubu took office, claiming the administration is not fulfilling its promise to "enhance security" in the Middle Belt.
13 Articles
13 Articles
Nigeria: Dozens killed in Plateau state attack
Officials in Nigeria have said at least 25 people were killed in their homes when armed men stormed their village Monday night. Fears of reprisal are real as violence between Muslim herders and Christian farmers spirals.
At least 25 killed in attack on Nigeria's Plateau amid reprisal fears
At least 25 people were killed in an overnight attack on a village in Nigeria's central Plateau state, local officials and residents said on Tuesday, in violence that has heightened fears of violent reprisals in the restive region.
US Condemns Plateau Attack ‘That Killed Dozens In Their Sleep,’ Urges Nigeria To Protect Christian Communities
The United States has condemned a deadly attack in Nigeria’s Middle Belt that killed dozens of people in Plateau State, urging the Nigerian government to strengthen the protection of Christian communities and ensure that those responsible are held accountable. The US Bureau of African Affairs expressed concern over the attack in a statement issued on Wednesday, describing the incident as another “murderous attack” in the region.
Fulani Militia Kill 27 in Concurrent Attacks in Nigeria’s Plateau State - Truth Nigeria
Civilian Guards Overwhelmed as Soldiers 3 Miles Away Stood Down By Masara Kim (Jos)– At least 27 people were killed Monday night in concurrent attacks on Christian villages south of Jos, the capital of Plateau State, TruthNigeria has learned. Among the dead were four civilian guards whom local leaders say were outgunned as armed assailants […]
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 57% of the sources are Center
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium











